This Blog is not Updated. please Visit my Official Website

iPhone Factory Unlock? www.pinoyunlocker.com.ph

My Facebook Account iRT Pinoy Unlocker

December 9, 2011

iOS 5.0.1 / 5 Untethered Jailbreak Demoed in Video by Pod2G





One of the bigger pieces of news, iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0 untethered jailbreak demoed in a video by the well-known iPhone hacker Pod2G. Few weeks ago we showed you another video from MusclNerd of iPhone Dev-team showing iPad 2 untethered jailbreak on iOS 5. So now we have two separated untethered exploits on our hands.


In an earlier post Pod2g warned from updating your iDevices to iOS 5.0.1 as his iOS 5 untethered exploit may be patched in iOS 5.0.1, but now Pod2g confirming that his exploit was successfully able to bring untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 as well.

iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0 Untethered Jailbreak Video


iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0 Untethered Jailbreak Release date :

Unfortunately Pod2g didn't announce any estimate date for releasing iOS 5.0.1/ 5.0 untethered jailbreak. But we highly expect and recommend to wait until the official release of iOS 5.1 to keep it away from Apple hands. Stay tuned

Update : Pod2G has just open new blog and announced about the upcoming steps for iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0 untethered jailbreak :
Today I succeed in jailbreaking my iPod 3G.

The exploit is user-land, rely on a user ROP payload and a kernel write anywhere exploit.

I can't give much details right now, but here are the next steps :
- upgrade the iPod 3G to iOS 5.0.1
- do the same on iPhone 4 / iOS 5.0.1
- then iPad 1 & iPod 4G

At every step, the exploit code needs certainly to be reworked, but I really don't know right now.

Next, I'll return to the research for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. I don't know if I gonna release first for other devices or not. I've to think about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment